We aim to help in the recovery of lost or stolen dogs and the prevention of rural crime in the Thames Valley Area. By issuing alerts to our members notifying them of any incident, suspicious behaviour, or missing dog, we hope to assist the Police in their efforts to protect people and property.
In our main areas of activity, we:
- Circulate information regarding stolen dogs to our members; police HQ; Beat Officers; Dog Wardens; and re-homing centres.
- Circulate details of all snoopers on members’ property to members and Police Headquarters – helping to prevent rural crime.
- Brief members on progress in the area by e-mail.
- Hold regular meetings with the police.
- Advise members to get their dogs chipped (One black labrador looks much like another!)
- Cooperate with the Kennel Club in promoting their PetLog microchip system and in their campaign to encourage vets to scan all strange dogs.
*Please note that Dogwatch is currently available in the Thames Valley Police area only.*